6.21.2010

Rain Rain Go Away


image via refinery29.com

It is almost July and I am still wearing sweaters and coats. I just can't stand it. I am craving sunshine and coconut oil. Lazy days by the pool reading magazines and drinking Slurpee's. The smell of cut grass and magnolia blossoms. Summer is usually a very nostalgic time for me, but this weather is intensifying it like crazy. The other day the sun came out and I got so excited I cut my favorite jeans into cut-offs and threw them on, only to immediately get goosebumps and surrender to sweatpants. My only salvation is the thought that this Saturday I will board a plane to Fort Myers, FL and at last feel some heat. Now, the heat will most likely be from 99% humidity and the smell of oil will not be from coconuts (sad face) but at least my bones will stop shaking. I bought a swimsuit for the occasion (shown above). It's the most expensive suit I've ever bought, but it's Marc Jacobs and it is fabulous. So there. I found it on Refinery29.com and bought it without hesitation, which I'm glad I did because moments later I would have been out of luck. Gotta love those impulse buys!

XX

1 comment:

  1. hey! i totally feel you on this weather...this morning i was so excited to see the sun, but i'm still freezing! then again, i am from florida!

    sorry i didn't come out the other night! i had a girl's night planned with a few friends and we went dancing at holocene. how was the show?

    ReplyDelete